5 of the World’s most animal friendly airports
This post shows 5 of the world’s most animal friendly airports, from dog parks to zoo animal ready holding spaces. These 5 airports make a big effort to be animal friendly.
- Frankfurt Airport in Germany: Lufthansa Animal Cargo Lounge is a 4,000 square meter facility with: stalls, kennels, a quiet room for cats, aviaries, climate controlled chambers and even backlit areas for fish. Though dogs and cats visit most often, they are equipped to care for anything. From fish to rhinos, horses and even polar bears. They have a 24 hour staff of veterinarians and handlers. They are also the world’s busiest animal airport hub.
- Amsterdam Airport has KLM’s Animal Hotel. The Animal Hotel is fully operational 24 hours a day. The hotel staff members follow a specialized training program. This includes: training at the School of Veterinary Medicine, a traineeship with a veterinary surgeon, lectures by the Veterinary Inspection Authorities, and training at the Amsterdam Zoo. In addition to accommodations for horses and zoo animals – this hotel has one area for dogs and a separate one for cats. You can even hire a dog walker for your dog during their stay in order to get extra attention.
- London has the Heathrow Animal Reception Centre (HARC) receive and care for millions of animals including fish, reptiles, zoo animals and pets. In 2017 they had 16,000 dogs and cats, 400 horses, 200,000 reptiles, 2000 birds and 28 million fish arrive.
In North America:
- New York’s JFK has the Ark – a 178,000 square foot animal lounge. It includes climate controlled stalls with bedding and natural light for big animals like horses, zebras and pandas. And an overnight pet resort for dogs and cats. The Ark is designed to take everything from pandas to puppy dogs. They allow all sorts of pets and zoo animals.
- Calgary International Airport in Canada has the International Animal Lounge facility. A 10,000 sq. ft. fully boarding facility for all animals. They are a quick 10 minutes from large, small, and exotic pet animal veterinary clinics if your pet requires medical attention. The Calgary Airport Authority’s 20,000 sq. ft. Special Cargo Facility is also available for loading/offloading and short term boarding of small and large animals, and is conveniently located under the same roof.
If you need any help transporting a pet to or from 5 of the world’s most animal friendly airports give our pet travel experts a call, Airpets International will schedule flights and accommodations.
Learn more: www.pawhootz.com
Email us: email@example.com or call us at 817-498-6410, too!
Make an appointment with us: https://pawhootz.com/make-an-appointment/