Fetchman (level 1 class):
At this stage, you will work on basic tricks and skills to get your dog adjusted to training and change. It is always important to be patient with your pup and understand that behavior correction takes time to change. Repetition is key to learning!
You and your pup will go over:
- Recap on orientation
- Self soothing – getting your dog to calm down
- Name and cue – getting attention and focus
- Sit at side – for loose leash walking
- Jumping – correcting greeting behavior
- Release cue – replaces “stay” verbal cue
- Leave it – ignoring distractions
Class starts @ 6 PM – 6:45 PM.